The Pleasant Hill Community has been a strong supporter of public education since the school was the first community building put up in 1847 with the founding of Pleasant Hill. William Bristow, the son of Pleasant Hill's founder, Elijah Bristow, was the first teacher. The high school celebrated its Centennial ("100 years of Class") in 2010.
Current organized support:
• Pleasant Hill Education Organization (PHEO)
• Pleasant Hill Community Theater (PHCT)
• Special Community Events
• Mr. Billie Pageant (raising money for the Children's Miracle Network)
• "Dancing Under the Stars"
• Football Tailgate Bar-B-Q Dinner