OBOB - Oregon Battle of the Books
Oregon Battle of the Books
Students and Families,
Welcome to OBOB! This is going to be a fun year of reading new books with friends and then participating in a fun competition. By now, students have formed a team of 4-5 members as well as started reading some of the OBOB book selections. Below we have listed a few things to think about as students continue to read.
- Read, Read, Read!
- Meet with your teams at recess, discuss at lunch, or work together during library check-out to ensure that your team is on track!
- We will meet twice more as a whole OBOB group before the tournament begins.
- Encourage your child to read!
- Support your child by discussing what they are reading with them.
- This year, teams are run by the students. Ask your child what you can do to help them.
- January: Mock battles then the tournament begins! More details will be sent home as it gets closer.
- March: Winning team will represent Pleasant Hill Elementary at Regionals.
Helpful Websites to Explore:
- OBOB Titles and Authors-www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org
- Author Pronunciation- www.teachingbooks.net
- Cedar Mills Community Librarieshttp://library.cedarmill.org/kids/obob/Questions? Please contact any of the following staff members:
|Mrs. Smith (4th Grade)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs. Shaddon (5th Grade)||email@example.com|
|Mrs. Thomas (5th Grade)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
2017-2018 OBOB list
Gr 3-5 Division
- Blast-off! By Nate Ball
- The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
- Dash by Kirby Larson
- The Door by the Staircase by Katherine Marsh
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- EllRay Jakes the Recess King! by Sally Warner
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan
- I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 by Lauren Tarshis
- Masterpiece by Elise Broach
- My Life in Dog Years by Gary Paulsen
- Mystery on Museum Mile by Marcia Wells
- Poppy by Avi
- The Red Pencil by Andrea Davis Pinkney
- We the Children by Andrew Clements
- Wild Life by Cynthia DeFelice
- Wild Wings by Gill Lewis