Pleasant Hill Elementary Organization PTO
We are excited for the 2015-2016 school year! We have big plans for helping our students succeed this year.We, as the PTO, have made the goal to raise $30,000 this year.We know we can do this with your help. We have several fundraisers on the calendar to help us achieve this goal.If you are available to help out in any way we would love to have you join our organization.
* For more information on the Pleasant Hill Elementary Organization (PTO), Upcoming events and to locate our membership and volunteer forms click here: www.phespto.org
Pleasant Hill Elementary Organization - PTO
The purpose of the Pleasant Hill Elementary Organization (PTO) is to supplement the education of children at Pleasant Hill Elementary School by providing enrichment activities and equipment and by fostering relationships between the school, parents and teachers.
Here is a breakdown of what the PTO funded (partially or in full) during the last school year, thanks to the success of our biggest fundraiser, the Jog-A-Thon:
- Kindergarten: Fish hatchery field trip and t-shirts
- 1st grade: Field trips to Riverbend Farms, Mt. Pisgah, and local businesses in the Pleasant Hill community
- 2nd grade: Field Trips to Raptor Center, Science Factory, and Dorris Ranch. Visits from a graphic artist and science expert.
- 3rd grade: 2 weeks of swimming lessons, plus a Toys-for-Tots field trip and lunch
- 4th grade: State capital and Bristow park field trips, plus 12 Nooks
- 5th grade Bristow park field trips, Dexter Dam field trip, Nooks
- 6th grade: Outdoor School field trip and lunch in Newport and the Hatfield Science Center
- Books for the Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) for grades 3-6
- Music Department: Field Trips to Hult Center
- PHES Writing Festival
- PHES Summer Library Program
- Staff Appreciation Week
- $3,500 for future playground upgrades
- Last day of school activities
Help support your PTO by becoming a member. Membership fees are $10/family ($5/staff member) and help fund the expenditures listed above. Member families will receive a telephone directory of PHES students. Member meetings are held at 6pm the 2nd Tuesday of each month in the Community Center.
Our biggest fundraiser of the year, the Jog-A-Thon, is scheduled for Thursday October 8th. Join us in helping make this event a success.Please email us at email@example.com to find out how you can help.
We also have, new this year, a HOLIDAY BAZAAR on October 10th and 11th.We have several vendors signed up.If you are interested in participating in this spectacular event please visit our website www.phespto.org to fill out an application.Dont want to be a vendor? No problem, just come and get an early start to your holiday shopping.We will have something for everyone.
The Pleasant Hill PTO acts as a volunteer clearinghouse at the school. Even if you only have one hour a month that you can spend helping at the school, please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love to help you find a way to make a positive impact on the students of PHES.