Please read the following carefully before signing and submitting this Parking Application Form.
Vehicles at School/Parking/Driving
Permission for students to drive and park on district property is a privilege extended to any licensed driver complying with state law and district policy. This permission may be revoked at any time for any violation of the rules governing driving, behavior or attendance.
Basic Responsibilities for Drivers:
- Register vehicles with school administration.
- Obey all state laws regarding the operation and parking of a motor vehicle.
- Observe 10 mph speed limit on district property.
- Drive in a courteous and defensive manner.
- Park 'head in' only within the designated spaces.
- Display required permits.
Obligations and Reminders:
- It is the responsibility of parents and students to ensure that any car driven to school is in safe operating condition.
- Students are to be in the student parking lot only to enter or exit campus. They are not allowed to loiter in the parking lot at any time or visit the parking area during class times or breaks unless they have permission from a staff member to do so.
- Students are not to be transported on the school grounds in the back of open pickups or on any part of the outside of the vehicle.
- Driving privileges will be revoked for any driver who transports drugs, alcohol, weapons, or any illegal or restricted substance onto the school grounds.
- The district may request that the Department of Transportation suspend driving licenses for students who have violated the weapons policy, assaulted, menaced, threatened, intimidated, harassed or coerced a school employee or student, or vandalized school property.
- The district assumes no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to vehicles.
- The parking lot behind the school, which includes the gravel area, is staff parking only. Students are NOT allowed to park or drive through the staff parking area.
- Vehicles parked on district property are under the jurisdiction of the district. To obtain a parking permit, a student must have a valid driver's license, a currently valid registration and vehicle license plates, and proof of auto insurance as required by the state.
- Each student driver is required to obtain the required parking permit and properly display it in the vehicle.
- In applying for a parking permit, students will be notified that parking on district property is a privilege and not a right. School officials may conduct searches of vehicles upon reasonable suspicion of a violation of district policy or school rules.
- Driving privileges will be revoked for any driver who transports drugs, alcohol, weapons, ar any illegal or restricted substance onto the school grounds.
- Students must park their vehicles in the marked areas of the parking lot, 'head in' only. Students not parking correctly, parking in the driving, fire, or bus lanes, or in any other unauthorized areas, or blocking another vehicle are subject to disciplinary action.
- Students are responsible for seeing that their vehicles are locked. The school is not responsible for vandalism or theft.